Monday, May 31, 2010

6 Days to go

I am not a writer, I am merely a girl, starting a new chapter in my life.

I am going to try and keep this as entertaining and informing as possible, and hopefully more people would like to embark on this same journey, and get the information that I myself have been trying to get and figure out before I go out into the "wild".

Two months ago, I had the urge to do something exciting and different with my life. How old is 27 actually I asked myself, and the more and more I have been pondering on this and the idea of getting married and having children, the more I realised, how much more there is to life, and surely this cannot be it.

So within a day I was on the Internet, on the www.ovc.co.za website. I have no degree, but came across a nice link, that said Teach in Thailand - Non Degree, this was Monday night 5/04/2010, Tuesday 6/04/2010, I went into the local OVC (overseas visitor's club) and spoke to Jenni Patrick. I told her what I wanted to do, she told me it was possilbe, the next day I had made up my mind, I went to see her, she got the ball on the roll, and Thursday 8/04/2010 I resigned my job. With one more payment left on my car, a great job, a fantastic relationship, completing my first year of study, I just went for it.

This is almost two months later and I am almost on my way, I will try keeping you posted on as much information as possible, if you are anything like me... you want all the know how, and what ifs, and how much is this?....., and all those questions, and curiosities that have been consuming my mind for the past two months.... then hopefully by some chance you will enjoy my blog...

Which so by the way is the first time I am ever trying, I am no skilled writer, but I will try damn hard to make this as great as possible.

Till further notice.

Toetsie

2 comments:

  1. Get real??? Teach-Travel-Asia and the "owner" Kevin is a deep fraud...May I ask if this blog belongs to Mr Kevin as he in the past F**K up't more South Africans here than anybody.. He and his fake set up company , currently facing legal charges back home(SA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i agree. OVC's lies will cost you alot in the end. You do need a degree if you want to teach in Thailand. It is possible to actually work without one, but you will have to lie, and confuse your school around it, and obtaining a work permit will be extremely difficult. Non degree holders teach here, because some of the employers can't speak English properly or turns a blind eye, just cause they are so desperate for native teachers. So don't be fooled with OVC's false promises. I've met some South Africans here, that can't even speak English for shit. OVC just want your money, and will send anyone over regardless.

    ReplyDelete